Research, Outreach, & Equipment
The Industrial Hygiene Staff partners with all departments within the University of Minnesota.
About Us and Our Expertise
Michael Buck: Mike is an expert in mold recognition, identification and remediation, as well as indoor air quality problems. He holds certifications as an asbestos site supervisor, inspector and manager. He also provides infection control, ventilation assessment, and water testing in hospitals and clinics.
Neil Carlson: Neil is a CIH who focuses on indoor air quality concerns, ergonomics, and assessing employee exposure. He provides in-person and video training on ergonomics and mold identification.
Andrew Streifel: Is a widely published expert on Infection control, ventilation in hospitals and clinics.
Mike Maurer: Supervises the Industrial Hygiene and Safety staff. He focuses on noise assessment and mitigation, exposure assessment, and the respiratory protection program.
Kate Greenberg: Provides ergonomic assessments, chemical exposure monitoring, respiratory fit testing and Qualtrics database management.
Services We Provide
- Occupational noise hazard assessments
- Personal noise monitoring (noise dosimetry) and data analysis
- Area noise sampling and data analysis
- Recommendation for methods to reduce occupational noise exposures such as engineering, administrative controls, or PPE (e.g. personal hearing protection devices)
- Community noise surveys and data analysis
- Interior space noise contour sampling and data analysis
- Respirator fit testing
- Fungal sampling and analysis
- Water quality assessments
- Ergonomic assessments
- Chemical exposure monitoring
- Water damage assessments