Ergonomic Evaluations and Reimbursements
In partnership with Risk Management and the Disability Resource Center, the ergonomics program operates an ergonomic evaluation and reimbursement program for qualified ergonomics purchases. Any staff or faculty at the University can take advantage of this program.
1. Schedule an ergonomic evaluation by calling (612) 626-6002.
- One of our ergonomists will come to your office to meet with you, discuss any concerns, assess your space, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Evaluations are free, and take approximately 15-20 minutes.
2. Visit our ergonomics showroom—if needed.
- Our showroom has more the 15 different chairs available to help you find the best fit for you. It also features a variety of sit-stand desk options and other ergonomic accessories.
3. Order your equipment.
- Your department is responsible for ordering and paying for the equipment. The ergonomics program does not order, pay for, or handle delivery arrangements for any equipment. Information on who to contact can be found on our product information page.
4. Have your equipment delivered and installed.
- Videos are available for some chairs to assist you with adjusting it properly, found on our chairs page. If you are still having issues, contact the University Health and Safety (UHS) front desk at (612) 626-6002 to have someone assist you.
5. Complete our ergonomics program reimbursement form.
- You will need the following information to complete the form:
- The email address of the person the equipment is for
- PDF copies of paid equipment invoices
- Department accountant's name and email
- Account string to be reimbursed
- Note: The total cost of your equipment must be over $100 to qualify for reimbursement.
6. The reimbursement will be credited to the account string you provided within 8–10 weeks.
7. Enjoy your new equipment!
Reimbursement Rates and Limits
Chairs, accessories, and other equipment are reimbursed at a rate of 20%. Sit-stand desks are reimbursed at a rate of 20%, and have a maximum reimbursement of $100.
If you are working directly with the Disability Resource Center or Worker's Compensation, reimbursement rates vary.