About Environmental Compliance
University activities and facilities can impact land, air, water, natural resources, and public health.
The Environmental Compliance division, a part of University Health & Safety, is responsible for ensuring the activities carried out at University owned or operated locations meet applicable environmental requirements. We advance this culture of environmental stewardship through education, partnership, and service.
Some services we offer:
- Determine regulatory applicability
- Obtain and manage environmental permits
- Negotiate and coordinate with regulators
- Audit environmental compliance
- Assess environmental property conditions
- Assess groundwater conditions
- Provide guidance and review for construction projects
- Provide tools and training for compliance
Where we're located
We're located in the Thompson Center for Environmental Management, east of the TCF Bank Stadium (North Campus District).
Additional campus Environmental Health Specialists (EHS) are located on the Duluth, Crookston, and Morris campuses.