Online CHEMATIX Chemical Waste Pickup Request Program
The CHEMATIX chemical waste pickup program allows users to:
- Submit chemical waste pickup requests online
- Create, save, and share frequently generated waste descriptions (Waste Card Hotlist) that can be reused.
- Create labels for waste items.
CHEMATIX Chemical Waste Pickup Procedures:
- Store waste in a designated area within the room that the waste was generated.
- Place waste in an appropriate closed container. Liquids should be placed into secondary containment.
- Label the waste container with the words “Hazardous Waste” and an accurate description of the waste.
- Go to the CHEMATIX homepage linked below to submit waste for DEHS pick up. From CHEMATIX homepage, click the “Waste” tab for detailed waste pickup submission instructions
NOTE: If the CHEMATIX Online Hazardous Waste Pickup Request system is used, you DO NOT have to package waste into boxes and submit hand-written packing forms. DEHS will come to your lab and package and remove the waste at the time of pickup.
If you have an unknown chemical in your area that you cannot identify, please complete the online Unknown Chemical ID Request Form that is linked below. Once submitted, DEHS will come to your location to pick up the unknown chemical.
Additional Chemical Waste Information
- Chemical Waste Guidebook Online
- Chemical Waste Registry
- Waste Form Info
- Service Requests
- Chemical Waste Training
- Compliance Info
- Chemical Safety Day Program